Cooking is enjoyable and vital in life, but it can also be time-consuming and costly. It may also carry some danger if you have small children nearby.
Induction cooktops tackle many of these cooking difficulties far quicker and more safely than standard electric or gas cooktops, which is why many people refer to them as the cooktops of the future.
In this post, you will learn about the benefits of induction cooking, how it works, its advantages and disadvantages, and other information on the appropriate use of portable induction cooktops.
A portable induction cooktop is a more adaptable and cost-effective choice than a built-in induction stovetop. It is suitable for usage in a dorm, an RV, a boat, or the garden, for example.
If you often host big gatherings and parties, keeping the meal warm on the dining table or utilizing the portable induction burner as an additional cooking surface are other excellent possibilities.
- How Does An Induction Cooktop Work?
- The Best Portable Induction Cooktop Reviews
- 1. Duxtop 9600LS Portable Induction Cooktop With LCD Sensor Touch – Best Overall
- 2. Secura – Duxtop 9100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner – Best Budget Friendly
- 3. NuWave PIC Flex Precision Induction Cooktop With Fry Pan – Best Energy Efficient
- Important Specs
- 4. Max Burton LCD 1800 Watt Induction Cooktop Counter Top Burner – Best Value For Money
- 5. Secura- Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, Gold
- 6. Copper Chef 853 Casserole & Induction 5 Piece Set &1300W Copper Induction Cooktop
- 7. Hamilton Beach 34104 Single Induction 1800 Watt Cooktop
- 8. Fagor 1800 Watt Portable Induction Cooktop – 2-Piece Induction Set
- 9. Duxtop 9620LS LCD Portable Double Induction Cooktop 1800W – Best Double Portable
- Is Induction Cooking Better than Gas Or Electric and Why?
- What To Know Before Buying A Portable Induction Cooktop
- The Bottom Line
- What is the best portable induction cooktop?
- Which brand of induction cooktop is best?
- What to look for when buying a portable induction cooktop?
- Why not to buy induction cooktop?
- How to choose an induction cooktop?
- What are the disadvantages of an induction cooktop?
- Which induction is better 1200 watt or 1800 watt?
- Who makes the most reliable induction range?
- Does Gordon Ramsay use induction stove?
- What is the best wattage for induction?
How Does An Induction Cooktop Work?
Let’s go scientific now. Induction cooking consists of two parts. The first component is a spiral of copper wire. An electromagnetic field of energy is created as an electric current flows through the spiral.
This energy is transferred into the pot via the cooking unit, causing the iron molecules to vibrate tens of thousands of times in a matter of seconds. The friction between these molecules is responsible for the rapid generation of heat.
The induction cooktop delivers heat directly into the cookware using electromagnetic energy—there is practically little heat on the burner itself.
The Best Portable Induction Cooktop Reviews
1. Duxtop 9600LS Portable Induction Cooktop With LCD Sensor Touch – Best Overall
Duxtop is one of two brand names under which Secura, a prominent producer of induction cooktops, sells its products. The Duxtop 1800 Watt Portable Induction Cooktop 9600LS is a portable gadget with a high power rating that is both efficient and useful. It has a lightweight compact design that is ideal for tight quarters.
When it comes to heat management, it simply takes seconds to shift from a roaring boil to a slower simmer and back to a raging boil. It prevents delicate foods from burning by minimizing temperature fluctuations, making it ideal for melting chocolate or making delicate sauces and puddings.
To provide a broad heated surface for uniform cooking, the manufacturer suggests utilizing induction cookware with at least a 5-inch diameter. Start at a low temperature in a large pan to allow it enough time to properly disperse the heat.
- Dimensions and weight: The dimensions are 11.4 x 14 x 2.5 inches, and the weight is 5 pounds.
- Power levels (100W-1800W) and temperature settings are available, as are timers (100F-460F.) The quick boil button increases the power to maximum with a 10-minute timer, while the keep warm button lowers the temperature to 140 degrees Fahrenheit and sets the timer to 30 minutes. There is also a 10-hour timer.
- Simplicity of use: The angled control panel and LCD display make reading easier. The sensor touch control makes it simple to alter the power or temperature, as well as to activate the timers.
- Safety: The kid lock prohibits any changes to the heat settings or timers that have already been set. There’s also an overheat function, a setting that turns off the cooktop if it doesn’t identify a pan, and a system that notifies you if the voltage is too high or too low.
2. Secura – Duxtop 9100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner – Best Budget Friendly
Secura’s Duxtop 9100MC induction single burner saves time during dinner preparation. Its clean lines and smooth glass surface complement any countertop, table, or buffet.
We prefer the angled control panel over the flat one seen on the 8100MC Duxtop model, which has been built to insulate the control screen from the heat generated by the bigger pans. The LED digital control display is simple to use and read.
The control buttons are coated with a plastic coating for a more tactile feel. The largest circle marking on the top is 8.5 inches in diameter, but people have used 12 inch cast iron skillets with no problems.
Nevertheless, keep in mind that temperature control might vary based on the shape, size, and material of the bottom of your cookware. Choose flat cookware with an appropriate diameter and a sturdy base with enough ferromagnetic material to absorb electromagnetic energy waves for the greatest results.
This induction burner appliance connects into a conventional 120V outlet. The cord is extremely lengthy and useful. The fan, on the other hand, is rather loud and continues to cool the appliance for 2 to 3 minutes after your cooking is over.
- 12.5 x 3.5 x 16 inches in size.
- Weight: 6.8 lbs.
- Heater options include 15 different power levels (200-1800 Watts.)
- Temperature options: 15 temperature options (140F-460F.)
- Digital timers: One count-down timer with 1-minute intervals up to 170 minutes is provided.
- There is no kid safety lock. Overheat prevention, auto-pan detection, and low and excessive voltage alert are among the other safety features.
- Warranty period of two years.
3. NuWave PIC Flex Precision Induction Cooktop With Fry Pan – Best Energy Efficient
The NuWave Pic Flex portable cooktop is small and lightweight, making it ideal for small areas, buffets, or packed counters. It’s a popular among RV enthusiasts who only use electric or solar energy because of its compact footprint and low energy use.
Heat management and consistent cooking are provided by several power levels. Grilling, rice cooking, vegetable steaming, and slow cooking are all possible with this induction cooktop. The highest 1300 watt setting, however, may not be ideal for deep frying. You may want to look at the NuWave PIC Platinum or Gold versions for this.
Also, this cooker will not operate with aluminum, ceramic, glass, or copper pots and pans. Iron, cast-iron, stainless steel, or steel cookware with an iron base is required for induction cooktops. A 9-inch ceramic nonstick fry pan is also included with the NuWave.
- 6 x 16 x 13 inches in size.
- Weight: 4.25 lbs.
- Power and temperature settings: You may cook your food at three different wattages: 600, 900, and 1300 watts. The temperature may be changed in 10-degree increments between 100F and 500F.
- Safety features include a pause control button and an automated shut off if the cookware is removed from the cooking surface.
- Noise: Because to the incorporated fan, this gadget, like other induction hot plates, may be a bit loud.
4. Max Burton LCD 1800 Watt Induction Cooktop Counter Top Burner – Best Value For Money
The Max Burton #6450 digital induction countertop burner is a powerful but affordable device. It cooks quicker than a gas stove, and the heat is directed directly to the pan, rather than the surrounding air, as it is with a gas stove.
This gadget may be utilized in a variety of settings, including dormitories, workplaces, yachts, and gourmet kitchens. We really enjoy that it includes a little magnet for determining if your kitchen equipment is induction-compatible. If not, you may utilize the company’s Max Burton 6010 induction interface disk.
The 6450 is an updated and upgraded version of the 6400. It is more peaceful and lighter. The plastic has been replaced with a glass panel control area with an LCD screen, making it more resistant to harm. On the negative, when you switch it on and off or alter the settings, it makes a loud beeping sound, which some people find bothersome.
- Measurements of the cooktop: 9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 inches.
- Weight: 6 lbs.
- Digital controls: The heat may be turned up to 1800 watts and has ten different levels. There are 15 temperature settings (100F 450F) in increments of 25F, as well as a 180-minute digital timer.
- One-touch boil and simmer buttons: The one-touch boil and simmer buttons make it simple to boil or simmer while maintaining precise temperature control.
- Safety features include a screen lock that prohibits setting changes and an automated shut-off after 3 hours of continuous usage. When an overvoltage, short circuit, overheating, or unsuitable cookware is detected, the cooktop turns off.
5. Secura- Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, Gold
The Secura 8100MC is one of the most popular portable cookers on the market since it is inexpensive, powerful, and lightweight.
It quickly achieves boiling temperature, and the 1-minute intervals provide effective heat management and, in the long term, decrease cooking time and energy expenses. This model, unlike several others, features a rather quiet fan.
Since the control panel is flat and plastic, you may need to be extra cautious while using big pans. To minimize abrasions, cast iron pans should be enamel coated. Since they only function with induction-compatible objects, induction cooktop surfaces are the safest to use.
As a result, there is no danger if a piece of towel paper or cloth accidentally contacts the induction stove surface. Your credit card, on the other hand, may be harmed by coming into touch with an induction surface since it is magnetically sensitive.
- The dimensions are 11.4X13X2.5.
- Weight: 5 lb.
- Heater power: 10 different settings (200-1800Watts.)
- The temperature range is 140F to 460F.
- Automated timers: A 170-minute timer is available for use with either the power or temperature modes.
- There is no kid lock, however there are several sound warning features.
- Additional specifications: The cord is 6 feet long.
6. Copper Chef 853 Casserole & Induction 5 Piece Set &1300W Copper Induction Cooktop
Copper Chef pans and pots are well-known for their adaptability, nonstick coating, and unique shapes, such as square pans, which give more cooking area for a large family. This 5-piece set includes a 1,300W copper portable induction cooker that complements the other components well.
In addition, an 11 square casserole pan with an oven-safe cover is included. It has a 7-quart capacity and is larger than most circular pans. A steamer rack, a fryer basket, and a recipe handbook are all included with the package.
All of this lightweight cookware is induction-compatible but also works on electric, gas, and glass top stoves. It enables you to cook with little to no oil or butter, plus it’s free of PFOA and PTFE. Also, it is extremely simple to clean and dishwasher safe, however avoid using any metal utensils that may harm the covering.
The ceramic glass induction cooker is light and has an angled control panel for better vision. The buttons are simple to notice and use. Unfortunately, the 5-degree increments may not give the optimum heat control, which is necessary for certain cooking techniques, such as deep-frying.
- 17.2 x 15 x 10.7 inches in size.
- 12 ounces in weight.
- Temperature range and settings: The temperature range is 100-500 degrees Fahrenheit. There are 5 temperature preset buttons. The low sets the temperature at 100F, warm at 175F, medium at 275F and hot at 425F. The sear mode allows you to choose an even higher temperature.
- Timer: You may set the timer in minutes (up to 150 minutes) or hours.
- Safety: If you keep the pot away from the surface for 60 seconds, it will switch off automatically.
- Off switch. Additional features include an LED display and an On/Off switch.
7. Hamilton Beach 34104 Single Induction 1800 Watt Cooktop
Whether you need more cooking area in your kitchen or a portable induction hot plate for road trips, the Hamilton Beach 34104 single stove is a wonderful choice.
This cooker is a terrific addition to any kitchen as a main or additional burner since it is surprisingly inexpensive, practical, and simple to operate. A useful feature is the ability to heat 1.5 quarts of water from cold to boiling in 7 minutes.
It is extremely adaptable in that it may be used with a variety of saucepans, stockpots, and frying pans (4-10 inches in diameter). The displays are simple to read and comprehend. There is a booster button that enables you to utilize a high temperature for 30 seconds before returning to your standard setting.
This product is strong and simple to clean. It also has a magnet for determining if your cookware is induction-ready.
- 14.2 x 11 x 2.5 inches in size.
- Weight: 6.9 lbs.
- Power settings: 10 options ranging from 200W to 1800W.
- Temperature range: 180-450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Timer: set for 150 minutes.
8. Fagor 1800 Watt Portable Induction Cooktop – 2-Piece Induction Set
The Fagor portable induction burner is a stylish gadget that can be used as a buffet warmer or as a quick and energy-efficient cooker in a variety of settings, including dorm rooms, studio flats, campers, and kitchens.
The control panel menu is simple to use, although the control buttons are not as responsive to touch as other displays in home appliances. This is helpful for safety since it prevents children from quickly turning on the gadget and enables you to clean spills without changing the settings.
The package contains a 9.5-inch induction-ready aluminum skillet that is neither oven or dishwasher safe. The coating is devoid of PFOA and nonstick.
- 11.8 (L) x 15 (W) x 2.3 (H) in (H)
- 5 lbs.
- Power range: 8 power levels ranging from 400W to 1800W.
- The temperature is 140°F (465°F). The temperature may be adjusted in 10-degree increments.
- Timer: 180-minute timer.
- Child lock and overheating protection are two safety measures. The timer may be used to override the 2-hour shutdown.
- Additional specifications: ETL certified.
9. Duxtop 9620LS LCD Portable Double Induction Cooktop 1800W – Best Double Portable
Single induction cooktops are more popular among consumers since they take up less room and are simpler to transport; nevertheless, this does not imply that double induction cooktops are less portable or lightweight.
This Duxtop 9620LS features a sleek design that will look good no matter where you put it. It has two distinct cooking zones as well as touch screen control panels that are visible even from a distance. Large pans are well protected by the angled surface.
The device reacts to temperature changes in seconds and swiftly boils water. There includes a power mode feature for boiling water, heating milk, or cooking sauce, as well as a temperature mode function for deep frying, frying, or sauting.
The Boil and Keep warm buttons are also useful.
The main downside is that you can’t use both burners at full power since they are meant to share the whole available heat (1800 watts). This is frequent with multiple cooktops, but it is worth mentioning. There is an automated shut-off mechanism for your safety.
- Dimensions: 23.9 x 14.2 x 2.4 in.
- 12 pound.
- Power settings for the left burner: 100-1800W (20 settings).
- Power settings for the right burner: 100-1800W (10 settings).
- Temperature range: 100F-460F.
- There includes a kid safety lock as well as an automated shut off with a buzzer sound.
- Cord length is 5 feet.
- Additional features include a 10-hour automatic timer.
Is Induction Cooking Better than Gas Or Electric and Why?
Induction cooktops outperform traditional electric cooktops (smooth tops or coil element cooktops) and even gas burners in many ways. Let’s look at why:
The greatest portable induction cooktops outperform electric and gas stoves by 40%. Although a portable induction hot plate may bring water to a boil in about one and a half minutes, a gas burner may take nearly one minute longer.
When comparing induction to electric cooking, the speed improves much more.
One of the most significant benefits of induction is the ability to adjust the temperature. As you raise or reduce the temperature, an induction burner responds practically instantly, but an electric appliance takes much longer.
This is one of the reasons why an electric cooking surface remains hot long after you turn it off, making it dangerous to leave it unattended while young children are around.
Improved heat control also means less cooking time and more energy savings, which is beneficial to your total electric bill usage.
Induction cookers are the safest option since the glass top does not become as hot as it does with regular electric appliances. This is because induction transfers heat straight to the cookware without producing heat on the burner itself.
As a result, the residual heat is minimal to non-existent, and it dissipates fast, making the cooker safe to handle even a few seconds after it has been turned off. But, putting your hands near a heat source is never a good idea.
Another excellent safety feature is that the cooker will not start until a pot is present, and it will emit a beeping sound if the pot is removed while the gadget is still turned on.
Induction cookware decreases cooking time since it responds very instantaneously to temperature changes, resulting in reduced energy use.
Cooking with propane, on the other hand, might increase energy usage, particularly during the warmer months, since you may need to use the air conditioner to compensate for the increasing room temperature. Not to add the expenditures of running a gas connection, as well as plumbing and renovation.
Induction may use 10% less electric energy than standard electric tops and almost half the gas energy.
Portable induction tops are lightweight and simple to transport, making them ideal for RV camping, boating, and other sorts of outdoor enjoyment.
These gadgets connect into a 120-volt socket, however if you’re camping, a portable generator or an inverter with a battery bank may be used. A solar panel and a vehicle battery might alternatively be connected to a tiny inverter.
Easy To Clean
Since there are no nooks or grooves for dirt and grease to get stuck in, the smooth and level glass surface is easy to clean with a moist cloth.
What To Know Before Buying A Portable Induction Cooktop
Induction Cooktops Only Work With Induction Compatible Cookware
Induction burners only function with induction-compatible cookware that has an iron, cast-iron, stainless steel, or steel base. Aluminum pans with magnetic steel bottoms may not be acceptable since there must be enough magnetic material to absorb the electromagnetic radiation.
Another useful indicator is the thickness of the iron foundation. If you are unsure about the appropriateness of your current cookware, a simple test may be performed. Place a magnet at the base of your pot and if it holds securely to it, it is induction-friendly.
Diameter, Surface And Thickness Of The Pan
Flat pans are required for even and quick induction cooking (forget all about woks). Thick-base pans also transfer heat far better and more evenly than thin-base pans.
Also, the pan’s diameter should not be less than 4 inches; otherwise, it may not attach. This is why some manufacturers suggest using cookware with a minimum diameter of 5 inches.
Size And Weight
Check the product dimensions, size, and weight for ease of storage and mobility.
Child Safety Features
If you have a household with little children, you should choose a device with child safety features such as a child lock and buttons that are not sensitive to touch.
Every induction cooker makes a buzzing or humming sound, although some are louder than others. This is due to the ventilation fan feature, which cools the gadget after you switch it off.
Certain pans with a light or flat base may also emit more buzz. The noise is often not bothersome.
Induction Cooktops And Pacemakers
A research published in PubMed found that people with cardiac pacemakers are at danger if they stand too near to an induction cooktop. A few more variables may heighten the risk. Always visit your doctor to protect your health and safety.
The Bottom Line
If you want to enhance your cooking game in a flexible, energy-efficient, and quick manner, selecting a portable induction cooktop that meets your demands and matches your budget is a terrific option.
What is the best portable induction cooktop?
Overall winner: Duxtop 9600LS Portable Induction Cooktop.
Duxtop 8100MC Portable Induction Cooktop is the best value.
Breville PolyScience The Control Freak is the best splurge.
Duxtop LCD Portable Double Induction Cooktop is the best double.
NuWave Flex Precision Induction Cooktop is the best lightweight.
Jan 18, 2023
Which brand of induction cooktop is best?
•Jan 12, 2023•More stuff… Prestige Best Induction Cooktop In India iBELL Induction Cooktop…. Usha CookJoy 1600 Watt Induction Cooktop…. Prestige 1600 Watt Induction Cooktop. … Bajaj ABS Majesty Slim 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop…. Bajaj Magnifique 2000W Induction Cooktop…. PHILIPS Viva Collection HD4938 Induction Cooktop.
What to look for when buying a portable induction cooktop?
Considerations When Purchasing an Induction Cooktop
The Cooktop’s Power Rate. The power rate is the first thing to consider while shopping for an excellent induction stove.
Pre-set Menu…. Safety Features…. Cooktop Pan Size…. Cooktop Portability.
Why not to buy induction cooktop?
Induction cooktops are prone to scratching.
Whereas electric and gas ranges feature a grate or heat element that can endure greater wear and tear, induction ranges are designed with smooth glass that is more susceptible to scratching.
How to choose an induction cooktop?
Electricity Rate… Security.
More to come…
While shopping for an induction cooktop, keep the following considerations in mind:
Vessel Classification. The pots and pans you use should be induction-compatible.
Zoneless Units…. Pure Copper Wire…. Not For Charring.
Crucial Induction Cooktop Specifications…. Wattage
What are the disadvantages of an induction cooktop?
The Drawbacks of Induction Cooktops and Ranges
Induction cooking is considerably different from gas cooking.
Converting from gas to electricity may be costly….
You’ll need the correct cookware.
That could make a sound.
An analog thermometer may be required.
More items…•Jan 13, 2023
Which induction is better 1200 watt or 1800 watt?
Consequently, for homes with high cooking frequency, 1800 watt induction stove online is a preferable solution. Nevertheless, if your cooking needs less heat, the additional watts produced by induction are wasted as hot air. In this scenario, a 1200 watt induction cooker online is a better alternative.
Who makes the most reliable induction range?
Our top choice. GE Profile Smart Slide-In Induction Range, 30-Inch. The self-cleaning technology makes it simple to maintain and keep the range looking fresh. Purchase Now.
The runner-up. The LG 6.3 cu. ft. … Most Economical. Smart Slide-In Induction Range with ProBake Convection Technology. The Samsung 6.3 cu. ft.
Does Gordon Ramsay use induction stove?
One features contemporary induction hobs, while the other has an old-fashioned gas-powered burner for when Gordon wants as much room as possible to experiment on new recipes and sample different foods.
What is the best wattage for induction?
What is the optimal wattage range for an induction cooktop? Any induction cooktop with a power rating of 1,000 watts to 2,000 watts is ideal for speedier cooking.